|Applications for the 2023 YARR Leadership Academy are now open!|
The YARR Leadership Academy is a series of online classes offered to a select group of advocates between 18 and 30 years old who are ready to be leaders in the rare disease community.YARR Leadership Academy students will learn about the roles and opportunities for patient representation in policy-making, drug development, and the regulatory process and the steps it takes to enter those roles.
Applications close on Friday, August 18, 2023.
What are the benefits of the YARR Leadership Academy?
○ Connect to patient and industry experts
○ Receive support applying to a leadership role of your choosing
○ Build a community with like-minded young adult advocates
Where are past YARR Leadership Academy graduates?
○ Serving on Boards of Directors
○ Reviewing grants to federal rare disease programs
○ Creating Rare Disease Advisory Councils in their state
○ Interning in Hill offices, biopharmaceutical companies, and patient organizations
Find out more here.