We are always looking for volunteers to help. You can make a difference today! If you’re interested in volunteering, please contact us.
How You Can Help
Looking for leaders for new committees!
As we continue to expand and grow our foundation, we realize that we need and want to tap into the amazing talent in our community. If you would like to get more involved, we are looking for two volunteer chairpersons to lead vital committees that are growing in our organization.
- Fundraising Chair – Are you passionate about our mission to find a cure and better treatments? Fundraising continues to be a critical part of our mission. We need financial resources in order to carry out the foundation’s mission and expand our impact. Help us grow and sustain our fundraising efforts. We’re looking to expand our reach through grass roots fundraising events within the community and through grant opportunities. We need an individual who would like to channel their energy to capitalize on these opportunities and help to expand the overall footprint of our fundraising efforts as an organization.
- Community Engagement/Communications Chair – Are you a social media whiz? Do you have the gift of gab? We need someone to work closely with our team to support our community engagement efforts by helping us to create a more comprehensive membership platform and through social media, newsletters, and other communication platforms.
Sherri Seyfert will be the board point person for these two committee chair positions. The roles would require attending a monthly meeting via Zoom, pulling together others within the community for support and feedback and preparing brief monthly reports to the board. We anticipate roughly 4 to 6 hours of work monthly. If you have any interest in these roles, or would like to hear more about them, please reach out to email@example.com.
Get the Word Out!
Most people have never heard of APS Type 1. It’s up to our community to educate others. Share your story with others so they can learn about the disorder and what life is like for you and your family:
- Give a school presentation
- Speak at your religious institution
- Host an informational booth at a local health fair
- Spread the word on social media
The Foundation can provide you with educational brochures to distribute. Be sure to send pictures and a report following the event so we can share your success!
Host a DIY Fundraising Event
Family fundraisers are a fun way to raise desperately needed funds for the APS Type 1 Foundation. We are here to help you get started! Do you have an event idea, but don’t know where to get started? We are here to help bring your event idea to life!
We can provide fundraising resources and APS Type 1 branded materials to ensure that your event is a success. All you need is an idea and a group of family or friends to help you execute it. Learn more about how to host an event in your area.
Donate Your Birthday or Wedding
Already blessed in more ways than you can count? Consider asking your guests to donate to the APS Type 1 Foundation in lieu of a birthday or wedding gift. We commit to you that your donations will be put to good use to help find a cure for APS Type 1.
Become a Conference Volunteer
The Foundation hosts a bi-annual symposium. Our next symposium will be in Summer 2021, and we’re already planning. We always needs volunteers to help make the event a success. We could use help with on-site registration and sale of APS Type 1 swag. Student service hour opportunities are also available.
If you have any questions about volunteering, email us at “firstname.lastname@example.org”