If you’ve found this site, either you or someone you know or love has been recently diagnosed with a rare disease called Autoimmune Polyglandular Syndrome Type 1 (APS Type 1), also known as Autoimmune Polyendocrinopathy Candidiasis Ectodermal Dystrophy (APECED).
The APS Type 1 Foundation was established as a 501(c)(3) organization in 2014 to support promote education and awareness of APS 1 Type with an ultimate goal of finding new treatments and a cure.
Our first message to you is a simple one: You are not alone. We are here to help and support you along your journey.
How We Can Help
- Call or Email Us. Each of member our board has his or her own APS Type 1 story, and we’re happy to share our experiences with you and help answer your questions. We’ll also introduce you to our APS Type 1 community.
- Become our Partner in Research. Join fellow patients in our on-line natural history study registry so we can help researchers and clinicians better understand how APS Type 1 affects patients, families, and caregivers.
- Join us for our Fourth International Symposium in 2021. Details to come. Our first three symposia brought together patients, families, clinicians and researchers to meet each other, learn from each, share experiences and create lasting bonds.
- Watch NORD’s video, “10 Tips for Newly Diagnosed Rare Disease Patients and Families.”
- Explore our newly designed website.
- Sign-up for our Newsletter.
- Follow us on social media: