If you’ve found this site, either you or someone you know or love has been recently diagnosed with a rare disease called Autoimmune Polyglandular Syndrome Type 1 (APS Type 1), also known as Autoimmune Polyendocrinopathy Candidiasis Ectodermal Dystrophy (APECED).
The APS Type 1 Foundation was established as a 501(c)(3) organization in 2014 to support promote education and awareness of APS 1 Type with an ultimate goal of finding new treatments and a cure.
Our first message to you is a simple one: You are not alone. We are here to help and support you along your journey.
How We Can Help
- Call or Email Us. Each of member our board has his or her own APS Type 1 story, and we’re happy to share our experiences with you and help answer your questions. We’ll also introduce you to our APS Type 1 community.
- Become our Partner in Research. Join fellow patients in our on-line natural history study registry so we can help researchers and clinicians better understand how APS Type 1 affects patients, families, and caregivers.
- Join us at the next International Symposium on APS Type 1 in Washington DC in July 2023! Our past four symposia brought together patients, families, clinicians and researchers to meet each other, learn from each, share experiences and create lasting bonds.
- Watch NORD’s video, “10 Tips for Newly Diagnosed Rare Disease Patients and Families.”
- Explore our newly designed website.
- Sign-up for our Newsletter.
- Follow us on social media: